Kakera Pitha ; A famous odia sweet dish or pitha. Kakera pitha is very popular in every part of Odisha. Kakera pitha can be made up of wheat flour (atta kakera) or refined flour (maida kakera) or semolina (suji kakera).
Today I prepare with semolina or suji. This is called suji kakera pitha. It has sweet coconut stuffing inside and can be served hot or cold.
Cooking time : 45 minutes
cooking for : 3 to 4 person
Here is the recipe…
Ingredients for dough:
- Suji/semolina/rava :2 cup(medium size)
- Water: 4 cup
- Maida/ refined flour: 3 tbsp.
- Sugar: 1 cup
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
Ingredients for stuffing
- Grated coconut : 2 bowl
- Sugar : 1 cup
- Cardamom powder: 1 tbsp.
- Heat 4 cups of water in a vessel.
- At the same time mixed the refined flour in water.
- When water starts boiling add the flour mixture and sugar in it. Mix it and wait for one boil.
- Then immediately add the semolina.
- Mix them fast to avoid any lumps.
- Stir it and keep it in the flame for two minutes.
- Then remove from the flame and keep it aside.
- In a separate pan take the grated coconut, sugar and cardamom powder and mix it in low flame.
- Stir it till the mixture becomes dry and keep it aside.
- When the dough cools down apply little bit oil in your palm and knead the dough till it became soft.
- Make small balls from the dough and put the stuffing inside and close it from all sides.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When oil becomes very hot put the stuffed balls one by one and then lower the flame.
- When these balls turn golden brown remove them from oil.
- Kakera pitha is ready to serve.