Soya chunks or is a very quick and easy recipe. Soya chunks or soya nuggets are widely used in Indian cuisine as it is highly rich in protein and a good substitute of meat. one can prepare lots of varieties of dishes using it.
Soya chunks curry goes well with rice, roti, nan etc. You can make biriyani, kabab and a lot of recipes using soya nuggets.
Here is the recipe..
Ingredients (1 cup= 200 gm )
- Soya chunks/ nutrela/ meal maker : 2 cup
- Boiled potato : 3 to 4
- Onion : 2 (medium)
- Ginger : 1 inch length
- garlic : 5 to 6 cloves medium
- Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
- Chili powder : 1 tsp
- Coriander powder : 1 ½ tsp
- Cumin powder : 1 ½ tsp
- Capsicum/ bell pepper : ½ of medium size (chopped into cubes)
- Salt to taste
- Oil 4 tbsp.
- First take 3 cups of water in a sauce pan and boil it.
- Add soya chunks in the boiling water till they soften.
- Rinse them in cold water and squeeze the excess water. Keep them aside.
- Peel the boiled potato and chopped them into large pieces. Keep them aside.
- Make a paste of one onion roughly chopped and ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a pan and add 2 tsp of sugar in it. (Here sugar is added for coloring purpose)
- When it becomes golden in color add chopped onions in it.
- Saute till it becomes golden in color and then add onion, ginger and garlic paste.
- Mix them properly and then add turmeric powder, cumin and coriander powder and red chili powder.
- Fry all the ingredients till oil comes out from the masala.
- Then add cubed bell pepper in it.
- Fry it till it become soft in texture and at that time add soya chunks and boiled potato in it.
- Fry for 5 minutes and add 2 cups of water and salt in it.
- Mix all the ingredients and cover it with lid.
- Cook for 10 minutes and then switch of the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with roti, rice, paratha or nan.
For a video recipe click in this link…