Simba besara bhaja | Indian broad beans fry in mustard paste recipe: Today’s recipe is simba besara bhaja (Odia) or Indian broad beans fry in mustard paste. This an authentic Odia recipe which is not only tasty but also required a very less oil. Simba besara bhaja is very easy to prepare and served as a side dish with pipping hot plain rice or with pakhala (pani bhat).
Cooking time : 20 minutes
cooking for : 3 to 4 person
Here is the recipe..
- Simba (broad beans) : 200 grams
- Potato : 2 medium
- Panch phoran : ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder : ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds : 2 tbsp.
- Garlic : 7-8 cloves (medium)
- Dry red chilli : 3 big
- Mustard oil : 3 tbsp.
- First soak the mustard seeds in water.
- Wash and cut the beans from middle. Peel the potato and cut it in length wise.
- Heat oil in a pan, add panch phoran in it.
- When it start to splutter add beans and potato in it followed by turmeric powder and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients, cover it and cook them in low flame.
- In the meanwhile make a fine paste of mustard seed, garlic and red chili with the help of little water.
- When potatoes are 80% done add the masala mixture in it.
- Mix them all and fry on low flame till the potatoes are completely done.
- Add 1 tsp of mustard oil over it and mix them all and fry for another 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Switch of the flame and serve hot with rice.
- Panch phoran is a mixture of five spices. For recipe click here https://foodexpressodisha.wordpress.com/2017/10/02/panch-phoran/